Saturday, July 31, 2010

Friday July 30th 2010

I felt pain after the biopsy. I texted my husband asking him to come home early if he could. I was just so anxious, in pain and restless and I really wanted someone there with me. I went to pick the kids up from school at 3:45. We got home about 4:00 and started to settle in for the weekend. I had a friend that was coming by to adopt one of our kittens so I was sitting on the couch in the front room waiting for him to come. I started to play solitare on my phone when it was interuppted by my husband calling me. I looked at the time 4:09 and my thought was "oh wow, he got to come home early". I answered the phone and I heard "Gabbee....we got your results in the office" (Cory works at my doctors office and the doctor gave him a choice to call me) and so I proceeded to say "Ok, and?" and he said "um, I got the results and um, the biopsy came back positive for  cancer" I said "are you playing a joke on me?" My husband KNOWS better. :)

Anyway, my hands started trembling and my head was spinning and I felt like I was going to vomit. First....HOW did they get the results back in less than 24 hours and WHAT? I HAVE CANCER? I called my family and friends and within minutes I had dinner cooking, friends and family holding me, my house being cleaned, groceries being bought and I was just sitting. Spinning.

That night was crazy. I couldn't even think. My husband and I were up till 2am crying, praying, laughing and sitting in silence. We needed it. I finally fell asleep. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment