Sunday, December 4, 2011

A run for my money....

Well....I just have to say that I am GLAD THIS WEEK IS OVER! I am sitting in my recliner next to one of our 4 trees. The living room lights are out, with the tree shining its bright lights and the fruit loop and popcorn garland bringing me back to my childhood while Cory is sitting near me reading a book,  and I can't help but say...Thank you Jesus for getting me through this crazy week.

As most of you know, I had my triple dose of Herceptin this past Wednesday. I felt like I was hit from left field with no notice. Wednesday night it started by fatigue and leg cramping. Thursday morning I was dragging my body around getting the kids off to school and then I laid on my couch till Cory came home. I worked up enough energy to get a cupcake order put together with the help of my sister. I took some pain meds, took a shower and even conquered our Church Board/Pastoral Dinner at our Senior Pastor's house. I honestly dont remember much because of the medicine and how fogged I was, but I am glad I went. I wasn't much fun but it gave me sanity. On Thursday my sister told me to stay home and just rest. She said that it wasn't worth going because I would be hurting more in the morning. I just cried and told her that it kept my mind sane because I was so side swiped from this treatment and all I can do was bring myself back to my days of Hell. I needed a healthy outlet.

Thursday night Cory got called into work for Friday which would have been his day off. I panicked and my wonderful mom took the day off of work to take care of me. I slept most of the day and she cleaned, cooked breakfast, lunch, put my tree together and took care of the kids. I just laid my little self on the couch and she tended to every need. This was a walk down memory lane FOR SURE!

Saturday I got up, took a shower, put my Super CHemo Girl Cape on and tagged along to go have Breakfast with Santa provided by our Anthem PTA. After my shower I laid on the couch and started to feel dizzy. I pushed myself out the door, ate breakfast with Santa, let the kids shop, while I sat down and watched them pay for their goodies. My sister drove me home, my cape came off, my PJ's went on and off to my cozy seat on the couch I went.

I patiently waited till Cory came home from work which was about 4:30. He walked in, and I just woke up from Nap #...who knows. I told him I wanted to make Chocolate mousse and he looked at me like I was crazy. After watching Food Network for 4 days, I was determined to make something yummy!

So, I did. I got up and made dessert while he made dinner. We had a wonderful family night. I was craving it so bad. I wanted to just have a steak and potato kind of dinner and watch a Christmas movie. And we did. It was perfect. Not a minute after the kids went to bed, I followed their lead.

I woke up today feeling better but still feeling sluggish. This type of sluggish was my body recuperating from the hit it just took. I went to church and then came home and napped and went to our Annual Christmas Banquet. I was back on my feet and feeling myself again.

I realized this morning in my devotion time that I am being used by God even when I don't think I am. I have NO idea why I am going backwards in my treatment but I pray that God uses me through this to inspire someone else.

Cory and I discussed options for chemo as far as going back to weekly treatments, but we both decided to fight through it and get it done quicker by going once every 3 weeks. When you have to choose between 18 or so treatments weekly rather than once every 3 weeks and down for 4 days...and only doing it for 5-6 times more....your mind processes (or at least mine does) that it will be faster.

I now know what to expect. My husband, kids and close family all know what to expect AGAIN....and that will help the treatments go better. We were all side swiped and I think the knowledge of what to expect will help us navigate through it better.

Thank you all for your continued support. Texts, emails, FB, dinner, Starbucks drop off and hugs mean the world to me. It reminds me that I am not forgotten. I am still fighting the fight and need the support!

Thank you for being there for us!

Cheers for a 2 week Chemo free break. I have a lot to get done before I get hit again....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment