Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011 & Hello 2012!

I was thinking about what I could update my status about that can tell the FB world how I feel about ending 2011, but I had a hard time picking a few sentences that would sum it up. I didn't want to only say "I'm so glad 2011 is coming to an end" or "I'm counting my blessings of 2011" because I know I feel emotion towards both. 

2011 hasn't been as bad as it was in 2010. Being diagnosed is harder than treatment (in my situation.) This past March I finished Big Red & Taxol. I finalized my surgery. We went cross country skiing. Point Loma/San Diego. Camp Pinerock. Visited with NY family. Nevada. Polar Express. Started my own cupcake business & my husband landed the job of our dreams. That sounds like a pretty good year! 

In between those wonderful blessings were some trials. Not only with my family but with my friends. I had to watch my family & friends lives takes some nasty twists & it felt like things would never be the same however those nasty trials has revealed God to still be as Great as I know He is! I have learned so many things. The one thing I can take from this year from my own blessings, trials & of this around me is that God Loves Us & He has a plan that I have learned to trust is so much better than my own. We may never  understand some things but I trust that He will pull us all through. 

My goal (not resolution) for 2012 is to be cancer/chemo free! I want to start my 5 year survival streak. I want to see my husband succeed in all ways. I want health Insurance. I want to joyfully accept age 33 on Feb 1st. I want to celebrate Isaac & Bella's 11th & 8th Birthday. I want to receive my district license at District Assembly as I feel I have worked so hard getting there as I was attending school in between surgery & chemo. And most of all I want to draw near to God & learn so much more! I want to learn to humbly accept the things I can not not change without wavering in my relationship with Him. 

So....wether my goals are met or not, I hope to blog in December 2012 that I learned once again the intensity of Gods love for us! 

Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment