Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On my knees...begging please

Im asking you to seriously bathe our family in your prayer time. As I have posted a week ago, we were denied health insurance for our family yet once again. Normally its not a big deal because we always had the option of meeting "spend down" amount which means that once our insurance stopped, we had to "rack" up a certain amount of medical bills and then we would be eligible again. However this time is completly different.

I got my denial letter but something was different. Normally the letter would explain to me that I need to meet a medical spend down. This letter didn't. I didn't pay much attention to it, becuase I received the letter the night before we left for camp, and I refused to worry about it during camp. So now that we are back, I called and found out that the reason that they didn't mention the "spend down" option is because that option has been taken away as of May 1st. Which means that we MUST qualify for health insurance based on income only. Well, we do not qualify for it because we make too much money.

I simply asked my case worker what my options are and she said "There is no other option".

It was like someone stabbed me in the stomach. After having major attitude with her and expressing that I am still on Chemo and have scheduled another surgery (July 28th) BTW, she said "Im sorry mam, but there is nothing we can do at this point"

Im not really sure how to take that but all I know is this. Im about to rack up a large bill at my oncologist office, Im about to spend a ton of money out of pocket for my monthly medicine, Im about to spend money on my routine pet scans, MRI's, surgeries, and any other tests that go with Cancer.

We can't afford insurance elsewhere and the best part? Insurance's wont pick up "pre-existing conditions". Wonderful.

So tonight my heart is heavy. Im fearful and in 2 days, I dont have something that I need on a daily basis. Not only for me, but for my family.

I wish I could express how stressful this is but I can't. I think Im still numb to the fact of it all. Numb to the fact that I was just told "I don't care that you are battling breast cancer, I care that you make too much money for the Government to support you."

My sister said that she would love to go on National TV and say "Someone please tell me what to do next?" And its true. I have no idea what to do. I know that I can go onto every cancer site and seek out grants to help with medical costs, but as far as looking to cancer sites for medical insurance is not something that I am familiar with.

So......I ask that you pray for a couple of things. Insurance and Finances. Im pretty sad that as of July 1st, I am a walking patient on chemo with no medical insurance. It FREAKS  me out!

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you tonight, Gabbee. Comfort, peace and guidance through the midst of all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying! You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly be praying for answers...it seems only answers that God can give at this point. I will also be praying for a team of people to rally around you and put our minds to work on how we can help you...I know God will make a way possible.

    ReplyDelete