Saturday, May 21, 2011

District Assembly

This week I got to attend the Nazarene District Assembly for Arizona (Of course). This is a time when we (Local churches) come together and do "business, voting, licensed ministers, ordination,etc".. you get the point with all our local congregations together. I was really excited as this is was my first year and being in the current class of History and Polity at NBC it all worked out great for me to be filled up with more knowledge and get really excited about ministry.

Im thankful that God gave me this opportunity to be away from home for a couple of days to dwell in this Assembly, especially before Surgery. For one, it took my focus off being anxious and two I was reminded and encouraged by many that my passion to keep on going in ministry during my treatments is an inspiration. As I watched people from different congregations receive their district license (This will be me next year hopefully) I was reminded of my purpose in life and reminded on why God has pulled me through this trial. As I watched ministers become ordained I was even more excited and I can't wait for that to be me one day! I know the plan God has for me and I REALLY needed to be reminded of that for my healing process.

I have Jeremiah 29:11 on my wall in my office "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I know what God has planned for me, and sometimes it takes something small for me to be reminded of that, but these past two months, I have been down in the dumps BIG TIME and this weekend was so refreshing for me and it was perfect timing. Thank you God!

I got to have great fellowship this weekend with new friends and old, meet new people, pray for people that I have never met before and listen to my Pastor as he spoke about the awesome ministries that God has gifted us at Mosaic. It was SOOOOOOOO cool to hear Kevin speak about the downtown ministries and to hear the local congregations in Arizona give praises to God for it and to have the connections afterwards with other Pastors.

John and I got to attend a workshop for work and witness trips to other congregations and learn about lending hands for the a variety of community services. I am just so excited to be a part of this and so excited to jump into this all!

After being on a high for ministry, I got a call from my Instructor at NBC. He told me that he called the college and "vouched" for me in order to get full credit on an assignment that is due on the day of my surgery, get full credit for participation the week of recovery and an extension on my final exam. He told me that I have been on top of all of my assignments even during my chemo treatments and that I am a "stand up" student. HaHa. I was definitly digging this phone call! He told me to not worry about a thing with my grade, that I will come out on top and just concentrate on recovery! Whoo Hooo!!! Thank you Reverend!

So as I come off my two day high, I come home to reality. But instead of feeling overwhelmingly anxious, I feel excited to get over this hill and to see the light so clearly on what God has planned for me! I am TRULY so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment