Monday, May 2, 2011

Petscan results: NED "no evidence of disease"

Thank you all for your prayers and support this weekend. I sat down with my oncologist this morning and she said "no evidence of disease" Yes! I could take a deep breath. They did find a gallstone but that is the least of my worries. She said that is part of the new "normal" things that might come up.

She asked me how I was doing and I told her I feel fine physically but am having a hard time emotionally. Of course she understood and was really happy to hear the counseling regime I have going.

I did ask her two questions. 1. If no cancer is present, then tell me what the Herceptin is doing? (even though this was all explained 6 months ago)  She explained to me that the Herceptin is targeting my cell receptors because I (my tumor) was hormone negative. The Big Red and Taxol targeted any cancer cell that could have been beginning to form or was floating around somewhere they couldn't catch. I feel confident once again, and my petscan results gives me the affirmation that I need.

2nd question was "Because my lymph nodes weren't infected am I out of harms way of a recurrance"? The answer is never a simple one. No, Im not, however I have taken every modern medicine and surgery to give my life longevity. I just have to rest in that.

After our meeting, I went in to get my chemo and I was talking with my nurse. I just love her. She knows what I am going through and she basically took my thoughts right out of my head and put them into words. Im rejoicing of course of the results, but I am also afraid and will probably be for the rest of my life. Im trying really hard to get past that. Im working on it.

I have a 2 hour counseling session on Wednesday, and another one on Thursday. It will be good. Its a process that I never thought I would have to go through and to feel these emotions 6 months later is something that I didn't expect but my doctor reassured me why I am feeling this way and its TOTALLY normal.

Anyway, Cory and I have some exciting things coming up that I will share with you at a later time. I need some cool exciting things in my life, and I think we are on track.

Speaking of Cory...he too will be on the same counseling regime as myself. Its so important for both of us to go through this with a helping hand. We are both excited to work through this as a married couple and parents of two amazing children.

Tonight, we are hiking up "F" mountain. Im dragging about the thought, LOL but the family is really excited and I thought it would be a cool way to celebrate the good news today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment