Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Insurance Decision

First, I want to share the good news, because this is what we have been praying for. I was approved for 6 more months of insurance. Praise God for that blessing and Im trying hard not to let my frustrations with the rest of the information overpower the great news! So please know that I first Praise God for answered prayers and trust that He will take care of the rest.

As I go into the details, I know you will share in my frustration.

Cory and I were approved for 6 months of medical coverage and my kids were only approved for 3 months. Go figure.

Our effective date is 2/14, which will take care of my hospital bill, and one chemo treatment, but I had thousands of dollars in chemo treatments before 2/14. So which means, that is on us now to pay. I will be fighting that, because I applied on 2/5 and they "lost" my application. So I will have to find out how to dispute that and see if I can get the bills from my oncology taken care of.

Right now, Im trying to stay positive and focus on the fact that my chemo treatments and surgery will be taken care of and there will be no out of pocket costs. I will continue to fight the effective date and in 3 months do this all over again for my children.

The system is truly a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment