Sunday, February 6, 2011

California Here I Come!

Happy Sunday!

Im giddy today, well it mostly started on Friday. Cory said he hasn't seen me this happy in a long time. Fun things are happening and it always takes my mind off Cancer and Chemo. It's nice to have that little bit of what the end will feel like. My old normal. I can't wait for it.

I started my online class through the Nazarene Bible College yesterday. Im really excited to advance in my ministry "career" and dig DEEP! I already have had some emails that seriously put me over the GIDDINESS TOP. Its SO MUCH BETTER than a secular college. For me it is. :) Its exactly what I want, and a HUGE encouragement at the same time. Love it! I can't wait to start having to write essay's on my church and my favorite bible verse and why. AHHHH. Jeremiah 29:11....THATS WHY! HaHa....Anyway, I'll settle down.

My other excitement is....I get to go with our Pastoral Staff at Mosaic to Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego for a Preaching Seminar. Scott Daniels will be one of the speakers and I am so excited about that. I love hearing him speak. So, I leave this afternoon driving to Cali, and come home Thursday. I don't know what Im more excited about? The seminar, The college, I get to share a hotel for 4 days with Hope, or the fellowship Im about to endure with some of my favorite people. :)

I NEED THIS! You have no clue. LOL. Im so thankful that Im even able to go. It fell on a week that I had my weekly herceptin, but my oncologist was good to me and told me I can go. I feel "healthy" and my family is super supportive. When I mentioned the thought of this trip to my sister and told her I was crazy to even think about going...ya know..the kids, Cory, Chemo. Im in lala land, My sister told me to shut up and go. LOL. So the kids are staying home on Monday with Cory since he has the day off and then the rest of the week with Auntie. They will be in school all day, Cory will go there for dinner and kiss them goodnight. Thank God for a laptop so my work comes with me. Im blessed in that area. All is grand! Yay!

Anyway, so pray for our trip. Pray for safety on the road of course, pray that I come back recharged and full of force. I need it. Especially leading up to my next Taxol treatment. I need to always feel my purpose when Im laying in bed for days. Being encouraged mentally is always a healthy thing for a Chemo patient. And last, pray that this trip binds us together even more so then when we left.


Surf's Up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gabbee,
    Thanks for being part of the class last week. I hope it lived up to your expectations. But next time try not to dominate the conversation so much :). It was great to read more of your story here. God bless.
    Scott D.

    ReplyDelete