Saturday, February 19, 2011

SO MUCH TO SAY....

YES......THATS ME AND JJ & DAVE!

SHE SIGNED MY JJ SHIRT

AND SIGNED MY BANDANNA

THANKS GIRLS FOR JOINING ME! THANKS LISETTE FOR THE AWESOME BDAY GIFT


Okay, so I have so much to say about last night. I just can't contain myself. I don't really know what to say. LOL. Their music was awesome, the lyrics hit home, and her relationship with her husband is inspiring. They are adorable. I had so much fun with the girls. I laughed from deep within my belly. I had too much coffee, a large piece of cheesecake and stayed up till 2:30 in the morning. LOL. It was great fun! One of my favorites was having my CHEMO nurses Monica and Gerry sitting next to me during the concert. That was just surreal for me. I know God has a plan (Jeremiah 29:11) but I never thought this "cancer" plan was for me to one day worship with my nurses that I have already built a relationship with and have many more months to go with them. Im so blessed to have my Oncologist and nurses that I have. Prayer works and we prayed hard for the perfect doctors and nurses and GOd provided. I also had the privelage of being stopped by a women (she is 25 yrs old) that has brain cancer. I can't even explain our conversation, because Im not sure I can put it into words, but all I know, is that Im dissapointed that I missed the opportunity to connect with her after we both left. She just wanted to seek me out and get my story and it shouldn't have ended there. :( Sometimes I feel like God puts these type of situations in my life and I miss them. I promised to pray for her and I will do that.

As far as me and how Im doing from Chemo. I notice more and more that I am dealing with hot flashes. They are really annoying. And of course that is a major side effect from Chemo. I believe that I have been officially put into early menopause. LOL. That would explain alot about me and my "attitude" as Cory puts it. I have been struggling with my short fuse lately, and since all the other pieces to the puzzle are coming together, Im guessing that is where I am with my body at this time. Anyway, I woke up this morning with Neuropathy (Numbness in hands and feet). Normal. Interesting though how my body is mapping out exactly the way it did last treatment. My oncologist was right on, when she said that my body would do that. I feel tired, but the 2:30am bedtime has defnitily contributed to that. I anticipate tonight will be the start of my body shutting down. I know my body all too well. So, I am using this day as much as I can, before I am in bed for a few days.

Some prayer requests that I have.

1. That God will continue to shine through me through this journey. At times I am defeated and "comfortable" with being idle and I don't want that light to burn out.
2. Between my recent issue in the hospital, that set both Cory and I back financially due to no more PTO time left on either of our jobs. I am confident God will provide for our needs as He always does. We have an upcoming fundraiser in March that we are praying puts us ahead with a cushion in our savings. I ask that you join me in prayer for that as well.
3. I pray that through this treatment, I keep my eyes on the prize. When I am in bed for days, I become beat down and defeated. Pray that my head stays high and I shine. I just want to shine for Jesus.



2 comments:

  1. You shine for me Gabbee. You have such courage and faith it's amazing! You are beautiful inside and out. I'm so glad you had fun last night. Laughter is wonderful for the soul!
    Lisa Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay is the name of the lady with brain cancer. I told her mom we'd be praying for them and she said she'd be praying for you. :)

    Carla

    ReplyDelete