Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thank You Sammy

Cory's cousin Sammy was inspired to do something for us. He asked us for a family portrait that meant alot to us so that he can capture our story through his drawing.

We all have our own stories that we have been through in life. Sammy has some great ones. He has been there and done that and has grown into an amazing spiritual man, husband and father. Cory and I have had some great times with him and we have also seen him through some tough times. Unfortunatley we haven't physically seen him in many years, but Im hoping that changes soon.

When he asked us to send him a family portrait I chose the one that is on my blog because for me this means that we are walking together as a family through this journey. I don't need to see our faces, I just need to see us holding hands as the Bagby's walking as we have been doing through this everyday. Sam captured that and this portrait means alot to me. You will notice the brick road changing from one color to another going from the cancerous journey onto survivorship. This journey is long and rough but the other side of this is so much brighter, greener and we can resume to be full of life.

In the desert He wrote in this scripture. Isaiah 53:5 "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."

Thanks Sammy for listening to God so He can inspire you to do this for us. :) We love you!

1 comment:

  1. I miss u guys alot. we will get to see each other soon. I praise god for all your walking. it's inspiring and it glorifies god our father. he has so much favor on you all. I'm sure some times it may not always feel that way but his word says otherwise. thank you for your words gabbee.

    ReplyDelete