Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another day of recovery in the Bagby Home

So my in-laws left today. A Sad day for us. We had a great time though. Didn’t do much just talked and I was able to be encouraged in a different way from Paula being that she went through what I just have. I spent most of the time in the recliner being catered to. It’s so easy for me, LOL but yet very hard to not take care of your own home. Control thing I guess. LOL.


After they left, my mom came over and gave us some homemade meatball sandwiches. YUM!!! I loved those when I was a kid and it felt like a good home cooked meal today. She stayed and we just sat around and chatted. Cory took an extra day off because I need my husband. I can have everyone else in the room but my husband is the most important for me. I remember when I came out of surgery and I was drugged up I kept saying “Can I see my husband” over and over again. Although he tortured me this morning with no pain meds, I just love him to pieces. I just wish I can squeeze him tight and snuggle into his arms but I can’t. I just can’t lay a certain way or push up on my chest just yet but soon. I will find a way tonight. Even his wonderful biceps being around me will do. HaHa…That’s a private joke that some will get. I will tell you guys another time.

The kids went to my nephew’s bday party and Cory and I watched Clueless. He said he wouldn’t but I guess it was pulling him in. LOL…I love that movie. I truly want to go out and buy fuzzy cute pens and adorable clothes. And have long blonde hair. Hmmmm maybe I just will go blonde during chemo. LOL

Tonight I was on the phone with Nurse Debbie checking in for the night and all of a sudden I hear THUMP THUMP..BOOM BOOM BOOM….and a 9 yr old crying. Now before that happened I told Cory I was waiting a bit longer than usual to take my pain meds because I can deal with the pain at that moment. But after hearing that sound, I sprinted and ran up those stairs behind Cory and the waiting time for pain meds was OUT THE DOOR. Well my adorable crazy son…decided to get out of the shower, with a towel around him, sit on a stool and scoot from the bathroom to his bedroom. Well I guess the stool got too close to the stairs and the towel got stuck under the wheel and down the stairs he went on the stool. Cory was yelling, I was consoling and holding my chest because boy….running 6 days after surgery wasn’t SMART. But my kids come before me. I have pain meds to take care of that. Isaac was ok Thank GOD. He basically somersaulted down the stairs with a stool. LOL…Oh boy. Some Tylenol and he was good.

Anyway, we had dinner tonight. Isaac’s teacher Mrs. Walter brought us lasagna! Yum!! I love her and am blessed to have her has my friend and educator for my child. We ate and then Skype with my dad and stepmom. I showed them my drains but my dad turned his head. Poor guy…I will torture him and make him look one day.

I did make the decision to stay home tomorrow from church. I do have a great outfit that I could have worn and tons of people to come and do my hair/makeup but I decided that God wants me to heal and I would be on emotional overload at church. SO Cory is taking the kids and my sister is staying with me. Cory is putting the service on speaker phone so I can listen and have church at home. Technology is great! I hope it works as well as it sounds. Goodnight all. Have a blessed Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. hey gabbee....glad to hear that isaace is okay...i get so scared when they get out of the tub themselves...cause my little guy is 3 so he actually puts on leg on the tub and than jumps off instead of stepping off....i yell at him every time telling him not to cause he will slip...these kids defiantely will give you a scare often...but of course u jumped up it's a mom's instinct and you just did what you do best forgetting your pain...that sounds good that cory could do that so he could hear the church service still....you probably are better off giving yourself a little more time to heal before going....but forget how you look...i am sure you look beautiful and you don't need your hair done and makeup to look beautiful...nobody will be judging you...they will just be looking at you saying "wow what a beautiful, strong person and are so proud of you"....i understand though how you are feeling though and i am sure it is normal...this too will pass...just take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place...keep smiling and feel good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GABBEE, HI ITS ARIE FROM BLOCK. FIRST TIME ON THIS WEBSIRE ALTHOUGH IVE KEPT UP ON FACEBOOK. IM GLAD THE SURGERY IS WENT WELL AND I PRAY THAT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YOU. I DONT KNOW IF U REMEMBER WHEN MY PAST AWAY FROM CANCER WHEN WE WERE YOUNG. I THOUGHT THAT WAS IT FOR CANCER WITH MY FAMILY TILL MY FATHER PULLED I HAVE BONE CANCER THIS PAST YEAR SO ITS BACK IN MY FAMILY WHICH IS EXTREMELY CONCERNING TO ME SINCE IM GETTING MARRIED IN 14 DAYS AND I WANNA START A FAMILY AND OBVIOUSLY CANCER IS MY FAMILY, IM VERY CONCERNED . I ALWAYS THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER LAST PAST 40 SINCE THAT MY MOTHER PAST AWAY AT THAT AGE. BUT MY FATHER HAS BEEN GETTING CHEMO FOR MONTHS NOW AND THANK GOD THEY GAVE HIM A MONTH OFF TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS, SO THERES IS SOME REMMISION BUT WE HAVE TO SEE WHAT A MONTH DOES WITHOUT CHEMO. FINGERS CROSSED. I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH MY FATHER HAVING CANCER SO I AVOID THE TOPIC ALL TOGETHER, NOT SUCH A GREAT SON,BUT I STILL HAVENT FOGIVEN GOD FOR TAKING MY MOTHER AWAY SO I CONTINUE TO FIGHT MY BELIEFS . IM GLAD THAT YOU HAVE GREAT PEOPLE AROUND YOU TO SUPPORT AND LOVE YOU. I WISH U THE BEST AND A QUICK HEAL. BE A SURVIVOR AND CONTINUE LIFE AS NORMAL AS YOU CAN THERS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THEN UR YOUNG KIDS AND THERE MOTHER BEING THERE FOR ALL THE GRAT MOMENTS. ALL MY IMPORTANT LIFE MOMENTS WERE WITHOUT MY MOTHER AND I REALIZE NOW WHEN SO CLOSE TO MY WEDDING HOW MUCH I WISHED MY MOTHER WAS HERE TO SEE THIS, TO ASK HER WHAT SHE THINKS OF MY FUTURE WIFE. CUZ FUCK CANCER (EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE) A CURE IS SOMEWHERE NEAR BUT UNFORTUNALLY ITS A BUSINNESS TO KEEP PEOPLE ALIVE NOT A NECESSARY HEAL THEM.. GOVERNMENT POLICIES. I DONT PRAY MUCH BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT MY PRAYERS ARE NOT WITH U.

    BEST REGARDS

    ReplyDelete