Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day # something...LOL I forgot

It is taking every ounce of energy to blog this but I hope its worth it. I debated on bloggin because I am not even sure I want to re-live this weekend over again but you have been by my side every step of the way so Its the least I can do.

Well i wont go back to every detail of how it went on Friday BUT I will tell you how God was working in my life on this chaotic day. First off, the night before surgery I cried myself to sleep. I couldn't imagine I was going through this. We prayed and then closed our eyes. I fell asleep at 11:30 and thought I would wake up with major anxiety. NONE! I repeat NONE! People made comments on how "calm" I was. I did some testing, and then they got me prepped for surgry and I had to wait in the pre-op room for 2 hours. I had tons of company. I wasnt nervous, anxious or scared. I was just sitting in the pre-op room hanging with my friends hooked up to the IV.

Please know that the calmness, lack of anxiety and nervousness all came from your prayers. "Where 2 or more are gathered" and let me tell you...I have over 400 Facebook friends so you can imagine how my FB was going wild. I didn't want it to stop. Because that what was keeping me going.

Well it was time to head up to surgery and the doc said "Ok, hugs and kisses" so I kissed my husband, my mom, my siser in law and my brother who was sobbing in my arms. Thats when I lost my composure.  I headed up, the doc told me to tell me how many kids I had and that is the last I remember. 4 hours late I woke up in pain, and total cofusion.

My sister blogged all the in between but I want to concentrate on now.

Now Im in pain. I got my bandages off today, but drains are still in. They will come out in 2 weeks. I saw my new boobs or "expanders" and well they aren't model like but they are atleast something. They are temporary.

I will get my final results from my lymph nodes testing this week plus my gene testing. This is a big week. Im just trying to rest and get better. I have a long road ahead of me.

I will keep you posted. Thank you for all of your prayers, support and gifts. Sometimes I have to ask twice who it was from bcuz I was drugged up but I do eventually remember. Thank you

I love u all!

1 comment:

  1. I will keep you in my prayers gabbee!Looks like you are taking all of this good and calm and i hope you the best !!I hope on seeing you at chorch on sunday!

    ReplyDelete