Sunday, August 22, 2010

Question for YOU?

When the shadow of Jesus' cross falls upon lives in the form of failure, sorrow, rejection, abandonment, unemployment, loneliness, depression, the loss of a loved one; when the world around us suddenly seems to be a hostile, menacing place, we may well cry out in anguish "HOW COULD A LOVING GOD PERMIT THIS TO HAPPEN?"
And the seed of distrust is sown, plunging us into a moment of choice:

Will we turn away from God, or will we turn toward him even though the darkness hides him from our sight?

To choose the light of God in the dark night of despair is an act of heroic courage.

~Brennan Manning~
 
I choose Heroic courage. Why? Because for me... there is no other way. I don't want to turn away from Him at this moment in my life, because he supplies me with the tools I need to get through this moment.
 
Here are some lyrics to ponder on, that I LOVE...
 
JJ Heller "Your Hands"
 
 
When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

No comments:

Post a Comment